Highlights of Bruny Island - Full Day Private Tour
Need help? Send us your questions via email?
About Highlights of Bruny Island - Full Day Private Tour
Travel south from Hobart and cross the D’Entrecastaux Channel for a day of spectacular scenery, panoramic views, bird watching and wildlife spotting... and of course photography!
Departing Hobart we travel south to Kettering for a 20 minute ferry journey across the D’Entrecasteaux
Channel arriving on North Bruny Island.
Bruny Island is renowned for a rugged terrain, magnificent coastal landscapes, captivating forest walks and a diversity of wildlife and native flowers, it’s also a birdwatcher’s paradise. Visit ‘The Neck’, a narrow isthmus that separates North Bruny Island from South Bruny Island, Adventure Bay, Cape Bruny Lighthouse, Cloudy Bay, South Bruny National Park and more as time permits.
A variety of leisurely walks will inspire photography endeavours.
Imagine the photos you could take…
- Breathtaking scenery, impressive coastlines,
- Take in the views of 'The Neck' - the narrow isthmus connecting North Bruny and South Bruny
- Visit the Cape Bruny Lighthouse
- Enjoy leisurely walks on pristine beaches for observation of shore birds
- Opportunity to see (and photograph) the rare white wallaby
- Seasonal wildflowers in bloom
- Commentary enroute and during the walks
- Be captivated by the tranquillity and let your photographic creativity be inspired by the panoramas and scenes of nature
- Let nature be your subject using natural light to highlight the scenes.
- Visit chosen foodie hotspots (as time permits)
- Optional add-on/alternative for twitchers is to include a visit to Inala on Bruny - contact us for more information
- Pick-up and drop off from your Hobart CBD accommodation
- All transport, including ferry crossing
- Guided walks with commentary
- Photography guidance
- Bottled water & light snack
- Picnic or cafe lunch
- Entry Fee for South Bruny National Park
- Available as a private tour from 1 to 4 participants
(please be aware that the 4th person will be seated in the middle of the back seat).
- You must advise of any dietary requirements (at the time of booking or no later than 24 hours prior to your tour to ensure your needs are catered for).
- This 1-day tour may not operate during peak periods (eg. Christmas, School Holidays and long weekends) due to limited space on the vehicular ferry affecting timely arrival on and off Bruny Island - contact us for more information about a 2-day option during these times (subject to available accommodation).
Sorry we do not currently have products available in this area.