Highlights of Maria Island - Full Day Private Tour
Need help? Send us your questions via email?
About Highlights of Maria Island - Full Day Private Tour
Travel north from Hobart to Triabunna by car then by passenger ferry to Maria Island for a day of spectacular scenery, panoramic views and wildlife spotting... and of course photography!
Departing Hobart we travel north to Triabunna and take a 30 minute passenger ferry journey across the Mercury Passage to Maria Island - during this journey you may be fortunate to observe dolphins, seals, whales and sea birds.
There is no motorised vehicle transport on the island, you'll arrive by boat and explore the island by foot and enjoy plenty of time for taking photos with our customary photography guidance and instruction. You have the option of enhancing your tour with a boat cruise to explore more of the rugged coastline in the morning and walks on land in the afternoon.
Maria Island is renowned for its mountainous landscape, historic ruins, sweeping bays, rugged cliffs magnificent coastal landscapes and a diversity of wildlife - in particular, the island is a habitat for the common wombat, Cape Barren geese and nowadays the Tasmanian Devil (although they are nocturnal). The walks selected may include Painted Cliffs, Fossil Cliffs and more as time permits.
Imagine the photos you could take…
- Pick-up and drop off from your Hobart CBD accommodation
- All transport, including ferry crossing
- Guided walks
- Photography guidance and instruction
- Bottled water & light walk snacks
- Picnic lunch (please bring with you a backpack or suitable bag as you will need to carry your own lunch pack)
- Entry Fee for Maria Island National Park
- Available as a private tour from 1 to 4 participants
(please be aware that the 4th person will be seated in the middle of the back seat for the journey from Hobart to Triabunna and return - approx 1.5 hour each way ).
- You must advise of any dietary requirements (at the time of booking or no later than 24 hours prior to your tour to ensure your needs are catered for).
- Your booking will be confirmed after we have received confirmation from the ferry operator regarding seat availability on the date you request. During peak periods (eg. Christmas, School Holidays and long weekends) seats on the ferry may be limited if not booked with sufficient advance notice.
Sorry we do not currently have products available in this area.