Mt Field National Park & Russell Falls - Full Day Private Tour
Need help? Send us your questions via email?
- Visit the majestic Russell Falls and other waterfalls in the same area
- Views of the beautiful alpine environment and the Tarn Shelf from Lake Dobson
- Pandani Grove Nature Walk and its distinct alpine vegetation
- Opportunity to see (and photograph) wombats, platypus and other native wildlife
- Discover stunning waterfalls and capture images of silky smooth water in motion
About Mt Field National Park & Russell Falls - Full Day Private Tour
Mt Field National Park is home to the much loved Russell Falls and a diverse environment of lush rainforest, alpine plants and native wildlife. You will have photo opportunities galore during selected walks in the forest and at Lake Dobson.
Mt Field National Park was one of the first to be declared in Tasmania (along with Freycinet National Park), although the area that includes Russell Falls has been a protected reserve since 1885, because of its natural beauty. Russell Falls is likely the most photographed waterfall in Australia - you’ll find out why...
Discover why this area is so special - you will experience lush rainforests of tall tree ferns, magnificent waterfalls, diverse plant life and a chance of seeing some native animals too. From the forest floors to the tree canopies and everything in between you will be captivated by all that you see.
At Lake Dobson, the Pandani Grove Nature Walk offers picturesque scenes of a rugged but pristine alpine environment. The spiky pandani is the largest heath plant in the world and it is endemic to Tasmania. If we are very lucky, we may just see a platypus in the lake too!
Departs FromPick up and drop off to your Hobart CBD Accommodation
- Pick-up and drop off from your Hobart CBD accommodation
- All transport
- Guided walks with commentary
- Photography guidance
- Bottled water & light snack
- Picnic lunch
- Entry Fee for Mt Field National Park