Private Wildlife Photography Experience
Need help? Send us your questions via email?
About Private Wildlife Photography Experience
You will learn the most appropriate settings on your camera for wildlife photography and discover the importance of selecting the right backgrounds, using natural light, composition, focussing and so much more to create unique images. As we will be in a sanctuary environment you will also learn to photograph through the fences & aviaries where necessary.
- 4-hours expert photography tuition
- Entry fee for Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
(supporting Bonorong's wildlife rescue and conservation programs)
- Learn from a wildlife keeper about individual animals and their characteristics
- Opportunity to feed one (or many) of the mob of Forester Kangaroos with complimentary kangaroo food provided by Bonorong
- Bottled water
- Private experience for just you... or you and your travel companions
* Complimentary transfers from Hobart CBD available by arrangement (please allow 1-hour additional for transfers (30mins each way) departing 30 minutes prior to scheduled start and returning approximately 30 minutes after).
The wildlife keeper/s talks will include the following animals
- Tasmanian Devils
As we stroll around the grounds you will be able to photograph other animals that have become Bonorong's ever-changing menagerie - these animals may include
- Tawny Frogmouth
- Variety of native birds (in aviaries and free-flying)
- and more
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary is a haven for injured, sick or orphaned native animals with an ultimate aim to release the animals back into the wild when in full health. It is also a very special environment that allows you to get up close to the animals in enclosures that are created to reflect the natural habitat as if the animal was still in the wild - this makes it a fantastic place to observe and photograph each creature overcoming some of the challenges relating to finding wildlife in the wild (and keeps the animal in an environment as close to it's natural habitat as is possible during the recovery period).
*** You may also be interested in our Premium Wildlife Photography Experience (including the Bonorong Night Tour). Extend your stay at Bonorong to 5-hours starting mid-afternoon to photograph day dwelling creatures before they retire for the night. Then, after instruction and preparation for low-light/night photography and some savoury refreshments, we continue with an exclusive Bonorong night tour for an incredible experience interacting with the animals in a totally different way. You'll not only have the opportunity to photograph nocturnal creatures but you'll also be given the opportunity to participate in feeding time! ***