Wilderness Photography Escape including scenic flights
Need help? Send us your questions via email?
About Wilderness Photography Escape including scenic flights
- 21-23 March 2017
Limited to a maximum of 8 participants
A truly unforgettable all-inclusive nature and landscape photography experience!
Immerse yourself in Tasmania’s Southwest Wilderness, including return scenic flights to/from remote Melaleuca and a dedicated photography guide.
On a magnificent scenic flight from Hobart we will arrive in Melaleuca and travel by boat to our boutique camp on the shores of the spectacular Bathurst Harbour. You will enjoy various outings travelling by boat to explore and photograph the stunning landscapes of some of Tasmania’s most remote wilderness regions. The night sky on a clear night will also amaze you.
During your flight you will witness the grandeur of a lost world and see some of the icons of Tasmania’s world-renowned wilderness such as Federation Peak, The Western Arthur Range, Precipitous Bluff and Tasmania’s rugged South Coast.
Upon arrival at Melaleuca, you will board a vessel to access the camp and to explore the magnificent waterways of the Port Davey Marine Reserve, with its 800 metre mountains rising from the sea.
There will be opportunities to see the rare and endangered Orange Bellied Parrots, visit Aboriginal middens and caves, explore the remote waterways via private boat, walk on untouched beaches, see wildlife and so much more. Walks are graded easy to moderate.
This ultimate experience gives you an opportunity to see untouched wilderness, in one of the world's last remaining temperate rainforests. You will breathe the cleanest air in the world, stay in comfortable accommodation and enjoy quality Tasmanian food and wine.
In addition to your dedicated photography guide, there will be another experienced guide providing interpretations of this spectacular wilderness area and preparing your meals each day.
You will return to Hobart from this truly unforgettable nature photography experience with magnificent photos that will evoke your memories long into the future.
- 3 days/2 nights to experience a wilderness far removed from your everyday
- A dedicated photography guide travelling with you for the entire journey
- An additional experienced guide sharing local information and preparing your meals
- Enhance your photographic technique and return home with newfound skills
- Opportunity to review your photos with your photography guide - real time guidance
- Scenic flight over rugged coastal terrain and Tasmania’s most southern point
- Boat trips to explore the remote waterways and wilderness of Bathurst Harbour, Port Davey, Celery Top Islands and many more locations in Tasmania’s remote south.
- Learn about pioneering Deny King and the traditional Needwonnee inhabitants
- Opportunities to see the rare and endangered Orange-Bellied Parrots (OBP’s)
- Breathe the cleanest air in the world, enjoy superior camp accommodation and quality Tasmanian food and wine.
Your accommodation will be in a tranquil bush setting on the shores of Bathurst Harbour. There are no public tracks to the camp; it is exclusive to our group only. You will sleep in one of the boutique camp huts furnished with a comfortable double or twin share bedding complete with luxurious linen. The facilities are shared and include a communal entertainment and dining area, toilets and hot shower.
Meals, snacks and beverages are included (excluding breakfast on day 1 and dinner on day 3)
Please advise of any special dietary requirements at time of booking.
There is no regular power supply at the camp. You will require a sufficient number of fully charged batteries for the full 3 days of using your camera, especially if you plan on frequently reviewing your images on your LCD screen.
Package and Cost
All-inclusive & fully guided for 3 days and 2 nights…
- A dedicated photography guide for the entire journey providing expert photography tuition & guidance
- Return scenic flights from Hobart (Cambridge) Airport to remote Melaleuca (50 mins each way)
- National Parks pass for 3-days in the Southwest National Park
- All boat excursions (exclusive to camp guests only)
- Twin or double accommodation in a boutique camp (exclusive to camp guests only)
- All meals – 2 x breakfasts, 3 x lunches, 2 x dinners, walk snacks and beverages, including Tasmanian wine, beer & cider.
$2,750 per person * Direct bookings only *
A deposit of $500 per person is payable at the time of booking to secure your place on this 'escape'.