Bruny Island Gourmet Food, Sightseeing and Lighthouse Tour
- Discover this amazing and stunningly beautiful part of Tasmania.
- Taste some of Tasmania's best food and wine from local sources.
- Big local lunch at Hotel Bruny, featuring Bruny Island & Tasmanian produce.
- Food Tasting - cheese, chocolate, berries (seasonal), smokehouse products and fresh oysters (most days).
- Truganini Lookout and Neck walk.
- Bruny Island Cider tasting.
- National Park & Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour.
Discover everything that makes Tasmania amazing with this sightseeing and food tour. You'll get to taste local fresh produce; everything from berries and oysters to cider, chocolate and artisan cheese. You'll also get to spot wildlife in their habitat and tour a lighthouse. Photo ops at every turn!
Your day will start off leisurely, with a hotel pick up. You'll enjoy a scenic country and coastal drive to Kettering, here you will board the ferry and enjoy beautiful scenery as you head towards Bruny Island. You'll begin the day on Bruny Island tasting local artisan cheese and picking berries at a farm - don't worry you get to eat them too! Then it's a scenic drive through rainforest and over Mount Mangana to Cape Bruny. You'll relax with a big lunch of local produce. Choose from an extensive menu of locally caught fish, local lamb, salmon, seafood chowder or the popular seafood platter for two. You'll have to leave room for the freshly shucked oysters up next though, farmed just a few hundred metres from where you sit.
You'll visit South Bruny Island National Park where you'll be astounded by the spectacular and rugged coastal views, expanses of vegetation and the wildlife including whales, white wallabies, birds, echidnas and more that call this area their home. Go on a tour of the Bruny Island Lighthouse and learn about the history of this lovely building, taking in sea views from its balcony. Your afternoon will be full of more local delights, indulge in fresh fruit ice cream and be treated to a private chocolatier presentation or Fudge tasting with yummy samples of course!