Canyoning the Dove at Cradle MountainWith Cradle Mountain Canyons
- Jump or abseil off several waterfalls up to 7 meters in height.
- Slide down naturally occuring water slides.
- See native wildlife such as wombats and wallabies.
- Enjoy a tasty lunch made with local produce.
- Experienced World Class Guides with years of experience
- Comfortable wetsuit and all necessary safety equipment including helmets
- Tasty and healthy lunch
- Transfers to and from the Cradle Mountain Visitors Centre
- This tour does not include Parks Passes
If you are after an unforgettable experience in Tasmania, you have come to the right place. The Dove Canyon showcases wild Tasmania at its best. This trip involves a thrilling combination of jumps, slides and abseils buried in a 50 metre deep quartzite canyon. Definitely one to write home about. Canyoning is one of the best ways to explore the secret side of Tasmania's world heritage area and the Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park.
The Dove Canyoning day tour takes you deep into the canyons along the Dove River. The Dove Canyon tour has a number of amazing water features including a number of waterfall jumps or abseils, the highest being 7 meter waterfall jump. This tour also features the Laundry Chute, a 10 metre natural waterslide that takes you through a cave before landing in a large deep pool of water.
The Dove Canyon tour is done with some of the most experienced outdoor and wilderness guides in Australia with years of experience in both Australia and Overseas.
This tour is for the adventurous and intrepid. You do not need any previous canyoning or abseiling experience, but we recommend customers are physically fit, MUST be able to swim and have a great sense of adventure. The minimum age for this tour is 15.