Franklin River Rafting & Frenchman's Cap 11-day ExpeditionWith Tasmanian Expeditions
- Travel with the pioneers of rafting on the Franklin River
- Trek to the summit of Frenchman's Cap
- Our trip was named the world's best river journey by Outside Magazine in 2012
- Stay at magical, pristine wilderness campsites
- Enjoy a sailboat journey back to Strahan
- Support the Green Guardians Program
- 2 professional rafting guides
- 10 nights camping
- 10 breakfasts, 11 lunches & 10 dinners
- transport by private minibus
- Sailboat from lower Gordon River to Strahan
- All rafting and safety equipment
- wetsuit and paddling jacket
- emergency communications & group first aid kit
There are few great frontiers left in the world - the Franklin is one of them. Free of pasture and any human habitation, it is a veritable feast for the intrepid explorer. Rafting down this superb river is the only way to truly appreciate its wild beauty. It is acknowledged as one of the most spectacular and challenging river trips around, attracting adventurers from all over the world. The opportunity of an expedition-style trip, rather than merely "thrills and spills" makes this the ultimate wilderness experience. At times on the trip, like all great expeditions, there will be times when patience is required. However, you will be one of the privileged few to have experienced this relatively untouched wilderness area - one of Australia's most scenic and prized destinations.
The Franklin is a physically demanding journey and you should be reasonably fit. You must be prepared to help carry equipment and scramble up steep portage tracks.
This is definitely a wilderness experience rather than the kind of rafting you might encounter on a one-day rafting trip. The water levels can vary dramatically, even during a trip. If you have had experience in remote wilderness areas and think you are ready for this adventure, then the challenge is yours. There is no doubt that this is an unforgettable experience, one that you will remember for the rest of your life.